Friday, March 30, 2012

Baby Chickens: Cute as a....

Did you guess the challenge at For Fun this week? Yep, buttons! That is, indeed plural, so come up with a design and pile them on. I've been dying to use the buttons, above. I love those vibrant, tropical/retro colors and if you look closely, you can see that there's glitter inside the buttons, too, and glitter makes me immensely happy. Add to that the ribbon I got in this month's Really Reasonable Ribbon kit and the papers from Club Scrap and I'm in happy Howard Johnson's land*.
The stamp is from a chicken set made by this week's sponsor, Clear Dollar Stamps. You don't have to use one of their digis, but it's always nice if you do. :) At any rate, check out their store. Lots of yummy stamps! Plus, if you play along with this week's For Fun challenge and win, you'll get a big, fat $15 credit for use on digi stamps in their store!

 *For those who aren't aware, Howard Johnson's was a motel chain famous for their orange rooves and turquoise blue everything else. Their other claim to fame was their ice cream. My mom would take me there sometimes for coconut ice cream (hmm...I must look for a vegan version) and occasionally we'd stay at a HJ when travelling with my dad. It was pretty rockin', but unfortunately I haven't seen them around in a while, and the restaurants died out even longer ago. Incidentally, I'm always on the lookout for old hotel postcards and stuff, so if you've got some (esp. Howard Johnson's, but I'm not averse to Holiday Inn, etc.) by all means, pleeeeease let me know. We can work out a swap or something. :) I even adore hotel stationery, though it seems to be fading away, too.

Kitty Break Kitty Break Kitty Break!

This time, Toulouse is actually taking a Kitty Break of his own after wearing himself out trying to figure out my phone. I kept getting texts, and when it buzzed, it would move a little. He swatted at it, chewed on it, sat on it, sniffed it, looked at it up really really super close before giving up and napping. Notice how he's still claimed the phone as his. Don't try to take it. That paw will shoot out and smack you!

No comments: