Friday, March 9, 2012

Come and Play, Everything's A-okay!

I decided to go for a Sesame flavored title today after recently watching Being Elmo, a documentary that you should definitely see, whether or not you're an Elmo fan. I like Elmo, though I have to admit I've been a little miffed at him ever since he took over 15 full minutes of the show. Not only is that a little diva-esque of Elmo, it also breaks with the successful Sesame Street educational model of cutting lessons into commercial-sized bites, then repeating them often. If you have any doubt that it works a) you must have grown up either without a t.v. in your house or b) before 1971, when the show premiered. Think about it...how many commercial jingles do you know by heart? Probably a lot more than you think you do. (I'm a big fan of the J.G. Wentworth Eight Seven Seven Cash Now song, myself. Preferably the version sung on the bus instead of the one the new parents sing in the hospital, but I'll take either in a pinch.) The magic comes from keeping what you want someone to remember within their very brief attention span, then showing it to them again and again. Before you know it, I am Stuck on Bandaid, Cause Band Aid's Stuck on Me. (That was written by Barry Manilow, by the way. Along with a lot of other ones you probably know, including You Deserve a Break Today.)

But back to my original reason for posting. It's that time again...time to come play with us at For Fun Challenges. What's the theme? Dogs and cats! The toughest part is deciding which. As you can see, I went with a cute kitty by Motivet Stamps. So get out your favorite dog or cat stamp or digi stamp

In an effort to balance the delicate dog/cat ratio here, I'll finish off this post with a puppy break. I love the feet to snout agility dogs can somehow attain while nonetheless in a state of total relaxation. I mean, can you use your own feet as a pillow? Maybe the trick is in sticking your tongue out the teeniest, tiniest bit.

No comments: