Saturday, July 9, 2011

My card class homework and something really cool for the animals!

(I'm entering this card in the Clearly iStamp punch/die cut challenge this week. :))
I've been participating in Summer Card Camp 2011 (click the link for more info). Each week we're given a new color palette to work with. This week was not the easiest for me. It's a margarita green with oranges and peaches and bright pink and purple. So...I ran a little fast and loose with it and threw in some blue in an attempt to calm things down a bit. I wasn't sure what the heck I was going to do with these colors until I remembered the new colors of Stampin' Up embossing powder and some SEI paper I recently came into.
OMG! I was actually working with these colors and liking it. I would not have guessed.
Naturally, I had to sidestep peach, since it is my least favorite color by FAR, but orange on the other hand, I can handle!
And when it comes to orange kitties, well, who doesn't love a ginger cat?

Okay, I promised something really cool for the animals and that would be a new digi stamp set from one of my all-time favorite digi artists, Mo's Digital Pencil. She's selling this adorable dog set for just $1 *and* she's giving all the proceeds to Pet Orphans of Southern California. How great is that? Don't forget to check out Mo's other stamps while you're there. She does fabulous work!

And now, for no reason, a gratuitous dog butt:


Revco, caught in a moment of extreme laziness. Why sit on *top* of the couch, when you can just let your back end hang while you watch the neighbors across the street?

2 comments:

Cassie said...

Oh how cute are those?! I love it! So glad you joined us for CIC31 :D

Kathy D. said...

Don't you just love when challenges get us out of our comfort zone?! I do. I love when they help me to see things different and try new things. Come over on Sunday for the blog hop and you will see what I mean with my card. Totally thought out of the "norm" box.
Thanks for punching/cutting up with us at CIC #31 and helping us get close to 100 entries!! I'm so excited! That means lots of prizes this month!! Hope to see you on Saturday for challenge #32.