Monday, November 5, 2007

What's a Stampin' Up Hostess Party? And Fiskateers Stamping Challenge


Have I mentioned yet that I'm in love with Stampin' Up's Whisper White stamp pad? It's by far the thickest, densist white ink I've found to date (and I was really digging the Brilliance one until I tried this one.) Anyway, this is the prototype for a set of invitations I am sending out for a Stampin' Up Hostess party (for those who've never been to one, it's like a Tupperware party with make-n-takes and Stampin' Up stuff to play with--people sign up to have one at their house, I send homemade invitations to all their guests, then on the big day I come over and help them make some crafts to take home fo' free, then let them shop the catalog and take orders for stuff. The hostess gets free stamp sets and things based on the amount of stuff she and her guests purchase. See? A craftsy tupperware party. :))
So anyway, this time the hostess (my lifetime bestest friend and all around cool chick, Jen O'B--we've been soul buddies since we were 10 years old!) has chosen a Christmas theme, so I'm making the invitations and products all related to that. We're going to make an ornament, a Christmas card, and several uber-cool Christmas gift tags with all the guests, plus I'm making a super-secret surprise gift for the hostess for booking her party with me since, hey--Stampin' Up reps aren't exactly hard to come by. I love doing all the extras (handmade invites, gifts, letting my hostesses pick their own craft themes for me to come up with and whatnot) because hey, I decided to become a S.U. demonstrator because I love making stuff. It's *fun* for me to get to play with the new products with everyone and let my friends and I make cool things together with all the stuff I get to share. Okay, I'll stop waxing sentimental now about my silly little job. :)

No comments: