Saturday, September 28, 2013

Keeping You Posted on Scrappy Rat Designs

Greetings to my new viewers (er...readers) who are visiting via my Etsy shop, Scrappy Rat Designs. I've started giving out my blog address to my shoppers and clients so they can keep up with what's going on behind the scenes. It's also a way for those of you who have placed special orders to keep up with progress, as well as seeing what I'm working on for rescue. So, tune in. I think we'll have some fun.

So, I was out of town for about a week, which yes, is why I'm still behind on updating my shop listings. Anyway, while I was gone, apparently someone decided to do a bit of redecorating to make our guestroom a little brighter, and our curb appeal, oh so much classier:


So, who was it who thought they'd surprise us Trading Spaces-style? May I introduce you to my foster rats, Mongo (in the front) and Jerry, peeking from behind. If it weren't for those sweet curly whiskers, I might actually be able to stay mad at them. (Note that Mongo is *standing* on a hunk of my curtains in the photo. Rats have no shame. Though I suppose you'd better not have any shame when you're a naked hairless rat, come to think of it.)

Well, it is my own fault, after all. I did *abandon* them with nothing but a fantastic pet sitter and a slew of new treats so they could have a little yummy each day. Maybe I can blame my husband, Scott, since he picked up the wrong kind of rat food that's rather icky, too late to get more before we had to leave. As an added bonus, Scott's a lot more likely to replace the curtains for me than these little guys are.

So, be a little patient with me as I recover, physically, from my trip. I'm doing my best to shake the spine pain that's doing its best to keep me from getting my work done. The last 3 days have been particularly rough. I'm trying to get your orders completed, and completed in a way I hope you'll really be excited about when you get them. Progress reports will be upcoming.

One last note, though I imagine showing the damage they've done to my home probably isn't the best way to generate interest in my foster ratties, they are some pretty darn wonderful boys. They're neutered, they're less than 6 months old, they're hairless with those curly rex whiskers, plus they're patient, playful, and sweet. Want to learn more? Visit the rescue I foster for: http://www.cpr-nc.org 
These boys would love a forever home!

No comments: