Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Two Cute Puppies

I'm sure you've been chomping at the bit, anxiously awaiting the next challenge at For Fun Challenges. This was the first time they've ever (well, since I've been on their design team, but that's close enough), ever had a two week long challenge, and I appreciate your patience and maturity when it came down to waiting twice as long as usual to find out what the next challenge will be. Ready?

This week's challenge is Anything Goes! Huzzah!

Okay, so it's not the most exciting challenge idea of all time, but since you decide what kind of project to me, if you're bored you have no one to blame but yourself. I have faith in you and your ability to wow yourself.
 Here's what I came up with. I had just picked up my Stampin' Up order from the magnificent Teresa Buchholz, so I was itching to play with my newest acquisitions. The stamp is one I purchased from MelJens. It only takes the flimsiest of excuses to send me running over to her store. It's killing me that she hasn't come out with any new stamps in a few weeks. She's extremely prolific, so I've been spoiled.

Anyway, back to the card. I used the pale Copics Scott got me for xmas to color him in, and I'm really pleased with the results. I love how the subtle colors that look so much like various shades of white when used alone, appear so vibrant next to each other. Neato Frito!

Since I promised Two Cute Puppies, here's Usagi, peeking out from under her blanket on a chilly evening. When her ears are hidden like that, her head reminds me of a baby seal.
So, make something you like and head over to For Fun Challenges to show off your mad papercrafting skillz.

3 comments:

Kathy D. said...

oh I like that fringe!! And your picture of your pup is adorable.

Helen Dooley said...

I agree- both are cute but I think the one on the bottom pic is the cutest! Thanks for doing a good job for us again!!

Karen C said...

Adorable card! I am replying to a post you'd left for me a while back...Sorry for taking so long to get back to you! You asked if I had any tips for chalking.

My tip for chalking:
-it does make a difference what sort of applicator you use. The more course your applicator is the deeper the color. With chalks I really love it when I use my water paint brush (water blending pen...) It gives it a water painted look.

Hope that helps!
Karen