Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Get your lab gear on, For Fun Challenges has a card formula this week!

So, what is this highly scientific formula that, if followed, not only *guarantees* you a fabulous card, but  could also win you a fabulous prize from this week's sponsor, Clear Dollar Stamps?
1 foodstuff + 2 patterned papers + 3 brads or buttons. Follow these instructions carefully (remember, no more than 3 buttons or brads!), and you too could end up with a card as magnificent as this one:
Okay, its magnificence may be up for debate, but you gotta love those stamps! Yes, stamps with an "S".  I mean 2 "S"'s (one at the beginning and one at the end). I couldn't decide between Clear Dollar Stamps' candy cane digi and cute mice perched on cheese stamp. As a rodent rescue volunteer, the myth of mice being prolific cheese eaters has always been a pet peeve of mine since, while they'll eat most anything if they are hungry enough, it's not really a favorite. Nonetheless, I was stuck in a dilemma because the stamp with the cheese loving mice on it was soooo cute. So, I took the mice and the candy cane and put them togetther with all the required bits, plus a ribbon and a lot of glitter. I don't know if you can see it very well in the photo, but the card base, itself, is massively glittery and I only added more from there. Festive!

So, drop by For Fun Challenges and give the formula a try. You don't even have to wear eye protection!

3 comments:

Christine said...

Love how you used both images on your card, especially the perspective of the small mouse against the larger candy cane. I admit that I'm not as fond of mice as you. DH still teases me about the time I found one in the garbage. The neighbours from both sides literally came running out of their houses to see if I was being attacked I screamed so loud!

Kathy D. said...

You crack me up!! Love it!! And how awesome that you combined two different stamps to one cute card!! Love it

Dr Sonia S V said...

what a lovely anasal discharge sweet card indeed the matching buttons is adorable

Cheers from India
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com