Friday, September 2, 2011

Revisiting Xmas with Michelle Perkett Studio

 For Fun Challenges is having another winter holiday challenge! I'm loving designing for these challenges because they help me get a head start on the somewhat daunting task of making enough xmas cards for my always growing mailing list. I'm a letter writer year-round, and have been pen pal-ing since I was a kid, so I never have a problem using up my cards, but add to that the large number of online friends and others who I use the holidays as an excuse to touch base with via postal mail once a year and it's a wonder I haven't been crushed beneath a xmas card avalanche yet!

I chose Peppermint the Bear as my digistamp for this challenge. I just love how he's sitting with his back paws in the air, since Revco (pictured below) sits just the same way. He didn't require a ton of coloring--just a bit of shading and some festive red touches, both done in copics. The blue parts (aside from shading) are actually blue flocking I adhered using a Creative Memories glue pen. I usually enjoy adding a ton of color to my stamped images, so I was surprised at how much I loved working with this one. I can't wait to see what Michelle comes up with next. I definitely hope to see more animals and more wintry digis. We'll just have to keep an eye on her shop. In the mean time, why not make a card for our challenge this week at For Fun Challenges? That way, you can win some free digis to get you started!

Revco, keeping an eye on the neighbors. Note the sitting position--butt down, back legs up, just like Peppermint! :)

No comments: