Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Mondo Cuteness from Wee Stamps

This week's For Fun Challenge is a layout instead of a card. So, Julie, if you're reading this, thank you for the photo you enclosed in your Christmas card a couple of years ago. You'll be glad to know that I finally got it scrapped. Check out her adorable menagerie. She's almost as hopeless as I am when it comes to animals:

 Wee Stamps is new to me, so I was really excited to check out their shop. Check out the adorable snow bunny in his cute sled. And they have squirrels, too. Squirrels! It's a little hard to tell in the photo, but I had a blast with the digistamp I used in my layout. The best thing about holiday crafting is the excuse to use glitter to the extreme and I didn't fail to do so. One of my happiest memories is being in elementary school, decorating Christmas projects with fat pearls of white glue, doused in a thick crust of multicolor glitter. The sheer excessive use of my craft supplies was a deep rush of happy, but the best part came a few hours later when I'd cave to the impulse to pop those half-dried beads of glue, luxuriating in the crunch of the dried glitter layer on the outside, breaking away to the smush of the still-liquid glue inside. That feeling will always be Christmas to me. Yum.

Before ending with an Orange Pretty Kitty moment, I want to take one more moment to encourage you to stop by For Fun Challenges  and submit your own layout to the challenge. You could be randomly chosen to win 3 images of your choice from Wee Stamps!

And here he is...your reward for making it through another of my bloggity blah blah blog entries. Don't worry, I know you only put up with me for the cute animal pics. I love this particular photo. Toulouse is easily one of the goofiest cats ever and yet he photographs so well. Not bad for such a dink! :)

3 comments:

aqualeiga said...

Hi! Love this page, and I bet Julie will too! Love what you did with the image, I can tell you had much fun with glitter, it looks fab!

Hugs, Ali (FF DT Teamie!) x

Kathy D. said...

That glitter looks great and says Christmas for sure! I can't believe she got the picture she did with all her fur babies. We have 4 dogs and I don't think we will try a photo like that!!

Helen Dooley said...

cute page. Glad we made you do your friends pic! lol