Monday, March 2, 2009

Hangin' out

I've been popping in on a couple of new (to me) forums so I thought I'd share them with you, the viewing audience.

As you already know, I'm an avid (possibly rabid) Fiskateer, so you can pretty much count on finding me there.

And of course, for those of you Stampin' Up folk, I try to check in on the demonstrator forum from time to time to make sure I haven't missed out on something I should not be clueless about.

But the other day I got an email about a chat with one of the 7 Gypsies designers, and since I love their blend of old-timey and sassy junk, I hopped on over and ended up checking out the host site, Scrapbook Dreamer.

Lo and behold, they were hosting two really cool contests--a 7 Gypsies ATC competition, and one by Bo-Bunny * (one of my top 10 favorite scrapbooking companies. Whoo hoo!) I had hopes of joining in on the ATC challenge, but sadly could not find any suitable 7 Gypsies papers or embellishments on my trip to Archivers, darn it. They did have some stamp sets, but I was not of the wealthiness to pick up a new set of stamps just to complete a challenge this week so, dejected, I moved on.

I did, however, feel inspired to join in on the Bo Bunny layout contest. You can see my layout here. There's a lot of good competition (this and this for example!) so wish me luck.

Next, I noticed for the first time that A.C. Moore has a forum. It's sparse, but the people are extremely kind and outgoing, so let's flesh it out a little. It's worth poking around, in my opinion, especially in the stamping area. There are some really cool, knowledgeable people there. Ask them questions. :)

So, that's where I've been. Say hi if you get there.

*I promise that Bo-Bunny's products aren't *all* frilly foo foo like the layout on their opening page would seem to indicate. No offense to the designer, or those who are into frilly foo foo, but I personally have an aversion to Dunkin' Donuts' pink and orange color combo.

No comments: