Monday, October 22, 2007

Pajama Party for National Card-Making Day




Well, you can't call it a Hallmark holiday. Honestly, I'd never heard of National Card Making Day till this year, but I'm always happy to have an excuse to celebrate any holiday. If it involves making lots of paper crafts, all the better!

This was my first Stampin' Up event as a demonstrator, so I was nervous. The other demos did most of the work, having made tons of card kits, reserving the venue, etc. My job was to provide beverages, invite my friends, and help them make the card kits into actual cards.

Since I wanted to make my guests feel extra special, I made them little page-making kits to take home. The two pages pictured show the pages the kits made. It was fun, but I had no idea it would take so much time to get all the pieces together for each kit. I had to consider how to make it work with only the pieces included, make it look good, and use only Stampin' Up products. I think I mentioned previously that I'm really into working in the 6x6 format at the moment, enjoying the challenge of taking such a small space and making it interesting. The size is also good for little make and take, but sometimes I wonder if other scrappers find the size too weird for use in their own albums. If they're using an 8x8 album, it's easy to mat the page to fit, but 12x12 seems to be the most commonly chosen size. Should I just have done a single 12x12 kit instead of two 6x6's? Or would it inspire scrappers to try something new, maybe pick up a 6x6 album even?

No comments: