Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Dogz Rule

The Dogz Rule: Scrapbook in an Afternoon class was super fun! So fun, in fact, that we're planning to get together again next month to work on our books some more! In this pic, we took a Mellow Moss 6x6 scrapbook and decorated it with Flower Fusion blooms, Purely Pomegranate ribbon, Soft Subtles buttons and some die cuts. Sticky Strip is really handy for this kind of thing. That stuff is *not* coming off the cover! :)

This page (below) was done using the nifty rub ons from the Sale-a-Bration mini catalog. You get 4 sheets instead of the usual two, and they are free free freeeee! You'll see these a lot in the pages to come.Aww...look at that cutie. Love those sparkle brads and the flower punch. The stamp is from the retired "Parlez Vous Francais" set, but it's too cute not to pull out for projects like this! The scalloped edge? I made it using the round tab punch, just linking one tab after another. And I thought that using it for gift card holders was the best thing it could do.

My friends Anne and Mini in Finland. Is that not one cute dog? I framed her using the copper Hodgepodge Hardware set--it comes with a bajillion (really! Count the pieces!) different kinds of metal embellishments that go on forever. The picture holders and ribbon buckle are from the same set.


Usagi's tongue hits the big time. :) I couldn't resist the heart rub on for this one. Same set from the mini catalog. The butterfly and flower are from this sheet too.



I love the white ink pad because it feels like paint and is wonderfully opaque. I also used the Close to Cocoa Craft pad for the stars that fit right into the star punch perfectly to represent dog snot. Aww...the memories.


Darcy poses with Revco in front of the wall mural we found in the closet of our motel room at the Whalebone Motel in Nag's Head. You can almost feel the sea spray. The flowers in the upper right corner were made with Classy Brass templates to dry emboss on the page. I love how well they work on cardstock. And check it out, those free rub-ons come in the same green as the Confetti Simply Scrapping set we used as a base for all of our pages.



Hooray for Mini! I made the award using the Scallop (as I've stated before, it should be called the Butter Cookie) punch and some bits of Chocolate Chip Ribbon. Cute, huh? The border at the bottom is a cardstock sticker that comes with the Simply Scrapping Set. Pretty cool and very easy!

Flower punch comes to the rescue again, this time with button centers. I love the Soft Subtles for this layout. Revco looks so relaxed, watching the world go by. Of course, this soon turned into a barking frenzy, but it was a nice moment while it lasted.
Aww! It's Revvy in his squirrel pajamas he got at the Rat Terrier Jamboree! These all are sticker embellishments on this page--it takes only seconds with the kits we have. The tag stickers came with the set, and the dog stamp is from a retired set. I made his spots glossy using Crystal Effects which is kind of like a liquid plastic that looks pretty and glassy--kind of like epoxy stickers. The guest of honor sticker was quite appropriate for this foster dog.


Revco bubbles! I just used a circle punch over and over. I embossed all the bones onto the paper bubbles using black embossing powder and a heat gun to make them a little bit 3D and shiny. Pretty, and fun!


I love the fill-in-the-blank stickers in this set. Yeah they're made for kids, but if you tweak them a little they are perfect for our dogs. All those circles are...more stickers that came with the pack. Each pack comes with 6 big sheets of cardstock stickers so you don't have to be stingy with them like when you buy tiny, expensive sheets in the store for too much money. :) I really like to go nuts with them.


Usagi Flowers using the circle and the Butter Cookie punch! The stems are Wild Wasabi ribbon. Neat, huh? I cut the grass freehand (that sounds like I was in the yard with a pair of scissors, but you know what I mean.)

More jammies. I just had to get a pic of that cute little tail sticking out. On the side, I used the "Good Dog" wheel and with a glue pen, applied our superfine glitter to the detals. The bones and tennis balls were filled in using our fabulous Uni-ball white pens. They are the only white pens that work this well--totally opaque and you don't have to keep running over it to cover. It's very generous with the ink. As far as I know, I've only seen them in our catalog. They are a must-have.

Usagi! What a cute! She gets a turn in her pajamas Again, the rest is stickers, except for the fire hydrant from the current Yappy Day dog set from the catalog. So cute. The sticker below it, meant for a kid again, states, "This is how I sign my name." Too perfect to pass up.


Love the frame on this one. So easy. It's just the "Ticket" punch, but it comes out looking so cool. The little dog, framed the same way, is also from the current Yappy Day set in the catalog. The people are my aunt and uncle in law. Is that a real thing?



The scallops on this one? Just circles cut in half! I love punches.


Is my boy not gorgeous. All he needed was a border created with the corner punches, and a pretty flower made with the Flower Fusion set and topped off with a jewel brad. The squares are my favorite. The etched edges just add so much,


Pardon the fuzziness of this photo. I had trouble getting a good one. I love the stickers (both Usagi and her beloved teddy bear have dream bubbles over their heads. The simple line of Earth Elements brads (which for some reason totally match the in-colors. Very cool!)



Thus ends Album One of the Dogz Rule series. Want to make your own? Come to my classes which you can see on my calendar at:
or, email me to order the kit: Princess.puppy@gmail.com
I offer both a basic (for around $60) and deluxe (around $120) kit to help you make your own scrapbook like this one, and have plenty of extra stuff left over for more projects.

No comments: