Sunday, August 26, 2007

Remember me?

Sorry about my mysterious disappearance. I had some weirdo flu thingie. All is not lost! I had some time to make things. :)

This layout was particularly fun. I wanted to make something for the Pizzazzill contest at Creative Imaginations:
http://www.creativeimaginations.us/index.php
I couldn't find any of their cardstock at A.C. Moore, and Archivers was pretty limited too, so I'm having to vary the projects quite a bit to keep it interesting (you can enter every day). ATC's, greeting cards, layouts, etc.

I like contests and challenges a lot because it gives me some basic rules to springboard a layout or project off of. In this case, it was pretty basic. I only had to use their brand of cardstock. So, I hopped over to another site's challenge (Ooh! A double challenge!) and though I didn't enter their contest, I swiped the theme: Nouns. Sure, that's easy too, but putting them together made it a bit more interesting.

As a vegan, I never imagined I'd be making a page about liking milk, but in this case, I was writing from the point of view of Squeezle, a squirrel I rehabilitated. I love the drunk look she has in the final picture. It totally cracks me up. A few syringes of puppy milk and you'd swear she (and her newfound "littermates" Folsom and Rikers) had been sipping too many martinis instead. Oof.

No comments: