Monday, November 5, 2007

Fiskateers Sketch Challenges



I almost gave up on this one. I had a moment where I just didn't think it was going to work at all, but then it became kind of fun to use red and green for something non-Christmassy. :) I chose the red paper to go with the little smock thing Daniel (another of my nephews) is wearing. I've never seen one of those things before so I thought that was kind of neat to focus on. The heart is a little chipboard piece I covered in paper and the buttons...well, I was walking around my scrap room and noticed that I had a ton of red ones so...they add a little shine. :)
So, this one's from the other sketch challenge. I love how this one came out, but then, I never get enough of scrapping pics of my animals. In case you can't see it well, that's a "Bad Dog" price tag Revco's got on his head. (I wrote "good" with a stamp of a dog on the flower to balance it out. I don't want to give the little guy a complex.) All the papers and embellishments on this layout (other than the stamp and glitter pencils I colored him with) are from one of the Stampin' Up scrapbooking kits, so I feel like I cheated a little, but I have to say it was fun to put together. It's nice to relax and do something pretty with pre-matched papers and a slew of neat stickers to choose from.

No comments: